Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Let's get this going again.


So I’m going to try and get this blog going again.  In March we decided to put our house up for sale, man you don’t realize how much time that selling and buying a house takes.  We sold our house fairly quickly and in July we moved to Hugo, a much better location for work and closer to our hobbies.
Here’s a little recap on biking stuff from the  winter and spring.

We got out on the fat bikes as much as we could and we did a few races.


Solstice Chase in St. Croix Falls, very little snow but still a good day!

Catfish Cup at Carver

Troy and Kyleen at Carver for some snowy singletrack!

I built up a Mukluk for Kyleen last spring, she is loving it!

Singletrack selfie


Troy getting ready for the Cuyuna Whiteout!

Troy and Kyleen at the Whiteout.

Group shot!

This was Kyleen's first attempt at a fatbike race, I think that she is hooked!


I pulled out the old sewing machine and taught myself how to sew and I made a few bikepacking things for the fatty.
Frame bag and harness for the fatty.

The frame bag works great!

I still need to test out the harness, but it should work great.
I have been gathering parts us for a while now and I built up a nice Salsa El Mariachi, I really like this bike so far.  I built it up for some gravel rides, bikepacking and some races.  Basically a do everything bike.



Just needs a chain and the real seat/ seatpost installed.

First real ride at Elm Creek.

The El Mar with my Tallboy's fork, it rode well like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment