Tuesday, September 23, 2014

WI Sandy Gravel Ride


A couple of weeks ago Troy and I headed out on a bit of an adventure/ Heck of the North training ride.  We started at the Never’s Dam boat launch on the Wisconsin side of the river.  Troy planned a route using some of the route for the Mammoth 100 miler that Cyclova XC puts on in the spring.


From the boat launch we headed north to the Governor Knowles campground.   It seemed like a nice campground.  From there we headed east into Grantsburg and then south back to the launch.  In total it was about a 62 mile ride and a great day.


We knew that the gravel in this area was really sandy, so we headed out on our mountain bikes.  We both had 2.4” Racing Ralphs on and they seemed to do the trick, but it was still slow going.  If I were to ride the route again I think that I would ride my fat bike. 








1 comment:

  1. That route and the pics look awesome. I saw Troy post up on FB for this ride ...I couldn't make it...Bummer

    ReplyDelete