Monday, June 17, 2013

No Almanzo 100 for me.

So last year I completed my first Almanzo 100, it was a very hot and windy ride.  My time was not what I had hoped for but I did finish so that was a huge for me.  A few days after that race I knew that I wanted to ride in the 2013 race.  I had been training as much as I could this spring and I was feeling OK, with all the rain it was hard to get out and ride.  The week before Almanzo I was on a MTB ride and crashed hard.  I ended up with a separated shoulder.  No Almanzo for me!

Since Troy, Brett and Jose were riding and I already paid for a camp site Kyleen and I headed down to do some cheering and provide some support if needed.  It was a great day to be on the bike, I'll be back next year!


This was the largest starting field for an Almanzo, it is a great race and Chris and the Almanzo crew do an awesome job with getting everything in order.


Troy and Brett getting ready to roll out.


Due to some road work the riders had to do a couple of water crossings.  This was the one outside of Preston.  The second water crossing was too dangerous so the course was rerouted.


The last climb of the race, Kyleen and I stood at the top and cheered the riders on.  Troy, Brett and Jose all finished and it was a great day for riding!

1 comment: